Facts about Calcium and Magnesium
Everyone needs calcium — from infants to the elderly
IT IS THE MOST ABUNDANTLY USED MINERAL IN THE HUMAN BODY.
But, it has some absorption problems.
- It must be balanced with magnesium if the body is to use it well. In fact, taking either calcium or magnesium alone is likely to cause deficiency problems with the other.
- If you take calcium alone long enough, it will cause problems in the magnesium area.
- If you take magnesium alone long enough, it will cause problems in the calcium area.
LET'S SEE WHAT THOSE MIGHT BE
We all learned at school how calcium is good for bones and teeth.
LESS WELL KNOWN…
…is that calcium is also needed in the BLOOD and in the TISSUES. By tissues we mean muscles, organs, eyes, etc.
IN THE BLOOD IT WORKS FOR…
…mood stability, the sleep cycle, pain sensitivity and correct blood clotting — back to those in a moment.
IN THE TISSUES IT WORKS FOR…
- Cell repair.
- Menstruation, we've said menstruation, but that's any ovarian activity, including puberty, before and during menstruation and menopause. At those times the needs for calcium go sky, sky high and then, typically, women have problems with mood, sleep, pain and blood clotting.
- It is VITAL for muscle function, back to that in a moment. Shortages tend to cause cramping.
- It is VITAL for HEALTHY TISSUES, particularly GUMS.
- occurs in over 300 digestive enzymes. If you are short of MAGNESIUM you don't digest your food properly — you'll feel this as lowered energy or you'll get hungry too soon after your last meal and want to eat again too early.
- It works with calcium on:
- Muscle function
- Sleep cycle, pain sensitivity
BUT MAGNESIUM IS PARTICULARLY INVOLVED WITH NOISE SENSITIVITY
Healthy nerve ends are coated with MAGNESIUM. If you are short of it, there is nothing between your nerve end and the environment, and so small noises will irritate or upset you especially when you are trying to sleep.
- Nerve function — Magnesium is one of the main nutrients involved with the electrical conductivity of the nerves
BUT BOTH CALCIUM AND MAGNESIUM ARE ALKALINE…
…so they need a little ACID to get them back to neutral so they can dissolve and be absorbed. We've done this naturally with Vitamin C and Citric Acid — so all natural, no side effects. The body has to have Calcium, Magnesium and Vitamin C — and Citric Acid is manufactured by the body, using Magnesium. Citric Acid keeps Calcium and Phosphorous dissolved. Without that kidney stones would form.
WITH THIS FORMULATION, WE GET IT INTO THE BLOODSTREAM WITHIN MINUTES.
NOW BACK TO MUSCLE FUNCTION.
The main way that the body manages smooth muscle action is through two sets of nutrients.
Sodium and Potassium is one set; Calcium and Magnesium is the other set.
In each set one works for smooth muscle contraction and the other for smooth muscle relaxation.
Shortages of any one will cause muscle dysfunction. If you get a cramp it is almost always one of these four that is short.
Some gradients of muscle dysfunction are:
- Hand tremors
- Eyelid tremors
- Jerky bowels
- Restless legs
- Frequent cramps
- Chronic muscle pains
Sodium and Potassium can be short, but many foods contain added Salt and if we have enough fruit and vegetables we are usually fine on Potassium; but MOST OF US ARE SHORT OF CALCIUM AND MAGNESIUM TO SOME DEGREE — BECAUSE MODERN DIETS ARE HIGH IN SUGAR AND STARCH.
SUGAR AND STARCH USE UP HYDROCHLORIC ACID IN THE STOMACH AND THEN NOT ENOUGH IS LEFT OVER FOR PROPER CALCIUM ABSORPTION then we end up short of Calcium AND Magnesium, because they work together and have problems in these areas.
Between Calcium and Magnesium, they cover so many functions in the body that without them many little things can go wrong that are accepted as “natural” but are quite unnecessary, so INSTANT CALMAG-C makes good sense.
Copyright © 2017 Andre Pierre Lotz